If you have an existing Shingle Roof, you probably already know your roof requires ongoing maintenance just like most of the other areas in and around your home. Even though you can greatly increase the lifespan of your shingle roof, maintenance can only take you so far. So when do you actually know it’s time to replace a roof rather than continue to repair it? Here are just a few great signs that it’s time to call a pro like West Coast Roofing!
- Look for shiny fibers showing through the shingle surface
- Areas of the roof that are missing shingles or have cracks
- Bald spots on shingles (where normally granules would be)
- Excessive amounts of granules in gutters or around where water drains off
- Curled shingles edges or where it is “cupping”
- If your roof is about 20 years old or more
You can call West Coast Roofing, the award winning local Roofing Specialists right here in Tucson, to do a completely free inspection of your roof and tell you what your options are and go over how best to approach your roofing needs. We would love to hear from you and see how we can help you today, even if it’s simply a reassurance that your roof is in good condition for now!